If you were wondering if FanimeCon was happening again in 2023, we have some good news for you. Not only is it happening but a time and date has been announced for the registration.
FanimeCon has announced that registration for the 2023 event will open on January 10th starting at 12 pm PST. Details about the price and registration are now available online. The announcement was made in the following Twitter post:
The following are among the important facts to know:
- Guests have until January 31st to get their weekend pass at $75 USD
- Starting in February, Weekend passes will go for $85 USD.
- Weekend passes will go for $95 USD starting in May.
- Prices are subject to change.
- Passes will not be sold at the door on Day 0 (Thursday, May 25th).
- Attendees need to be fully vaccinated against COVID prior to the event.
- Negative COVID tests and exceptions will not be allowed.
- Masks will be required in indoor event spaces.
The announcement comes after months of speculation and rumors regarding if the 2023 event was going to happen. Many of these had no merit, especially since other FanimeCon departments have been posting updates. Most notably; FanimeCon Gaming has been posting calls for volunteers since December. Fanimaid Cafe team has also been holding tryouts at MAGFest and Anime Los Angeles with two more in the Bay Area coming up.
Despite these updates, no guests have been announced yet but that could change soon.
FanimeCon 2023 will take place during the Memorial Day Weekend at the San Jose Convention Center along with the surrounding locations. More information about the event will be available in the coming months.
8Bit/Digi is an independent media outlet that provides an insight into the gamer community of the San Francisco Bay Area.