GKIDS has announced the limited theatrical premiere of Inu-Oh and several theaters in the Bay Area made the list.
Inu-Oh will premier in select theaters on August 12th for one night only. The film has been highly praised by critics while also being an Official Selection at the Toronto International Film Festival Official and the 2021 Venice Film Festival.
To have an idea of the movie, check out the trailer:
The following Bay Area theaters will be showing Inu-Oh on August 12th.
- AMC East Ridge 15 in San Jose
- Century 20 Oakridge in San Jose
- AMC Mercado 20 in Santa Clara
- AMC Bay Street 16 in Emeryville
- The Roxie in San Francisco
- AMC Metreon 16 in San Francisco
- Regal Hacienda Crossings in Dublin
- Century 16 in Pleasant Hill
This fantasy rock opera is from director Masaaki Yuasa and is based on the novel Tales of the Heike: Inu-Oh by Hideo Furukawa. Set during the Muromachi period, the story follows the relationship between a dancer and a blind musician who must work together to overcome their social ostracization.
8Bit/Digi is an independent media outlet that provides an insight into the gamer community of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Update: The article has been updated to include new theaters that have been added to the list.