Nominations for Seal of Distinction Award have opened.
The Call of Duty: Endowment has opened nominations for the sixth-annual Seal of Distinction award.
The Seal of Distinction award aims to recognizes U.S. and U.K. non-profits that demonstrate the highest levels of efficiency and integrity in helping veterans finding a successful career. Recipient of the award will receive a $30,000 unrestricted grant as well as the opportunity to apply for future funding.
Organizations must complete an online application and submit it before June 1, 2018. To be considered, organizations must meet a series of criteria that include:
- Must be a charitable, non-profit, with 501(c)(3) status (or the U.K equivalent).
- Mission must include directly assisting unemployed and underemployed veterans.
- Group must complete an application and provide requested documentation for verification by Deloitte.
- Applicants will be assessed by metrics that include the number of veterans placed in jobs, the quality of those placements, average cost-per-placement and average starting salary.
- Applicants must not be a previous Seal of Distinction winner.
All applications will be reviewed and evaluated by with the semi-finalists being independently assessed on a pro bono basis by Deloitte.
The Call of Duty: Endowment was established by Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick in 2009 as way to help veterans using the profits made from the series. The organization works with other non-profits that help returning veterans return to civilian life and find employment.
The Seal of Distinction was launched in August 2013 and has awarded over $27.6 million in grants. Past beneficiaries of include Goodwill Southern California, NextOp and Walking With the Wounded.