The 2010’s was a time of great change and growth in the anime world and Crunchyroll wants to look back on that by showcasing the most watched anime series of the decade.
Crunchyroll has collected the data and presented them in the following info graph based on each region. It should be noted that this data is based on what was watched on Crunchyroll. Hence shows exclusive to other streaming platforms are not included in the data.
A look at the most popular anime of the 2010’s in North America according to Crunchyroll.
A look at the most popular anime of the 2010’s in South America according to Crunchyroll.
A look at the most popular anime of the 2010’s in Europe according to Crunchyroll.
A look at the most popular anime of the 2010’s in Africa according to Crunchyroll.
The Middle East
A look at the most popular anime of the 2010’s in the Middle East according to Crunchyroll.
A look at the most popular anime of the 2010’s in Asia according to Crunchyroll.
A look at the most popular anime of the 2010’s in Oceania according to Crunchyroll.
One of the biggest surprises was that Hunter x Hunter was very popular in Antarctica. Several nations have setup scientific research facilities that combine will have a population of 1,000 to 5,000 (depending on the season). According to the data collected, Hunter x Hunter was the most popular series among this population.
The Take Away
Here is quick breakdown of what can be learned about what is popular based on the information provided:
- Naruto was the most popular anime series on Crunchyroll. Its popularity dominated most of North America, the Middle East, Southern Europe, Africa and Asia.
- First premiering 2016, My Hero Academia was very popular in Northern Europe (Scandinavia region and the UK) along with in Australia and New Zealand.
- Dragon Ball was very popular in parts of Central America and dominated most of South America.
- RWBY was the most popular anime in Japan.
- Europe and the most diverse in their preference of anime. No series dominated the entire continent and a few dominated parts of a region.
- Black Clover was very popular in Iraq and Iran. Meanwhile, Boruto was very popular in Yemen.
You could read the full story by Crunchyroll for more information and surprises.
Did your favorite anime made the list or have you seen any of these popular anime’s? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Help Support 8Bit/Digi
We are an indie media outlet that provides an insight into the gaming community and industry of the Bay Area. Please help support independent media by donating today.