Advertisements

Racists Outraged That Mafia III Allows Players to Kill Klansmen

Image may contain: 2 people

During its long history and many incarnations; the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) has been one of the most infamous terrorist groups in American history. The group is so hated that many gamers were excited when it was revealed that part of Mafia III involves going up against the Klan.

It should also be no surprise that bigots and white supremacists would also be offended by such a moment. While the majority of gamers have expressed their interest in wanting to slaughter a Klan rally, the typical online racists have spoken out against Mafia III.

Below are examples of the typical racists being outraged or crying about political correctness (Note: names have been redacted to avoid witch hunts, doxing and other online harassment).

racist

Such comments could be found on the social media page of video game sites that wrote an article about the mission.

The most common complain was how the mission is promoting political correctness by making it acceptable to kill white people. Others wished the mission allowed them to kill members of Black Lives Matter and Black Panthers.

Of course, the most common response to these comments was the racist being called an idiot.

This is not the first time the Klan has been featured as a villain in a video game as the they have also been included in XIII and Manhunt. It should also be noted that the mission is very similar to the movie Brotherhood of Death, a 1976 blaxploitation about a group of ex-Green Berets returning to their hometown to fight the Klan.

Mafia III is the third game in the iconic open-world crime series and it’s set to be released on October 7 for all major consoles along with the PC.

Advertisements
About Stan Rezaee (292 Articles)
Stan Rezaee is a gamer from the Bay Area who has been writing about the medium for over five years. He is an old school gamer who still plays with his N64, PlayStation 2 and GameCube. When on his PC, he could still be found playing classic Counter-Strike with friends.

82 Comments on Racists Outraged That Mafia III Allows Players to Kill Klansmen

1. I bet most of these butt hurt racists are #GamerGate supporters who are fat virgin losers that masturbate to pictures of Milo.

Liked by 3 people

• Actually for the most part Gamergate doesn’t care. It’s no different than killing nazi’s.

Liked by 2 people

• William Booth // October 2, 2016 at 5:24 AM // Reply

Does your generalizing mean I can call you a beta cuck who can only get off when his mistress allows him to?

• The irony of these #gamergate types using terms like ‘cuck’ and ‘mistress’ is that it is highly likely that their only contact with a woman, is them standing to attention when their mother shouts down the basement…’Oi dickhead. Get up here. your dinner is ready! 😡 ‘

Liked by 3 people

• youareelliotrodger // October 2, 2016 at 4:32 PM // Reply

lmao “beta cuck”

wow, your life must be sad as fuck.

• William Booth // October 2, 2016 at 7:39 PM // Reply

Wow lmao this is funny. I never said I was #gamergate, I don’t even play videogames, they’re far too childish for my tastes. I was simply pointing out the fact that the statement I replied to was, in fact, generalizing. I really don’t see how my response instantly rules out any sexual relationship for me. Also I’m gay, so yes, I don’t often touch women.

• William Bang. // October 3, 2016 at 1:35 AM // Reply

Interesting the bullying dished out without cause against Gamer Gate. The article had no relation to them. Or should I say, US. I’M gamer gate. I’m a gamer who is sick of being shit upon because of my hobby. I’m also a feminist activist, civil rights activist and disabled rights activist.

Gamers have been pointing out the collusion between gaming media and games developers for years. That media then got together an dismissed all their critics as sexist, racist, basement dwelling nerds.

And when women gamers, non white gamers, gay gamers, and home owning gamers stepped up to be counted… They too were dismissed out of hand by the media.

And the mainstream media just backed up their gaming media cousins because, hey, who needs context? One side called the other sexist, so they must be the good guys. This even crossed over to the right wing gutter press. Brietbart didn’t jump in defending gamer gate because they agreed with the outrage over collusion. The gaming media cabal had declared someone sexist and racist… so Brietbart and the other fascist fuckwits just jumped in declaring feminist attacks and so on. Ignoring the vast majority of Gamers and Gamer Gaters being feminist too.

So wrapping this up. I’m a gamer gater. And a proud Nerd. And I’m looking forward to blasting KKK pointy heads off with a shotgun come release day. And before that? I’ve got a few marches to go on defending equality.

So take your one dimensional, judgemental bullshit, sit in a quiet corner and play with it. Let the human beings talk.

Liked by 1 person

• I’ve been with GamerGate since day 1, and I’ve never heard of the “mistress” bullshit. I know that the “cuck” shite is from /pol/ and people started using it ironically outside of /pol/ but then idiots started to misusing it and, well, here we are, someone is calling another dude a “beta cuck” when it was meant to be ironic.

• Spot on! LOL 😀

Liked by 1 person

• nah but you are trying really hard

• That’s literally my bi friend, GamerGater and attracted to Milo >_>

• Anyway, #Gamergate had discussed the scene, and they don’t care. Why would they? It’s fantasy.

One person had complained about it on /r/KotakuInAction, and he was banned. Gamergate told him to fuck off for trying to make trouble out of nothing

• When resident evil 4 came out there was nooooo issue

2. This is weird because he kills a lot of white people in the mafia who are not klansmen in the video game. The only difference is that this protagonist is a black man in Mafia III. I’d like to know anyone’s perspective if you have one to share.

• But lets not forget resident evil 5. Nobody was complaining right?

• Well as a black man myself…I don’t see anything wrong with it. They are fuckin modern day nazis dam near, and yall love killing Nazis in any other game right? Lol Now before the racists start screaming at me hear me out. You have a point….the protagonist is black, there’s your ex-factor right there. Think about it guys, how many video games have I played as a white man killing “thugs” aka black gangsters and nobody bats an eye?

• William Booth // October 2, 2016 at 7:47 PM // Reply

There’s nothing wrong with it, the people shown are just pointing out that there would be outrage if there was a game where you attacked black panther members and black lives matters “protesters”, which would be a racial “balance”. The problem is that the media has drawn attention to this specific part of the game and highlighted it as a good game. I mean, can you honestly think of a game where it’s a white guy killing ONLY black gangsters, or a situation where a white man killing an all black group has been called a good thing by media sites?

• Grand Theft Auto San Adreas the main player is a black guy killing white men and women

3. My grand-daddy was one of the brave men of the 101st Airborne who had to protect the Little Rock Nine. So it feels good to play a game that allows me to kill these hillbilly terrorists and all these y’allQeda supporters need to STFU!

Liked by 1 person

4. Let’s ignore the fact that white people have been “befriending”, back-stabbing, lying, raping, exploiting, shooting, and stealing from countries they’ve invaded for the past few hundred of years right?

5. Race is stupid. Kill everyone #nolivesmatter

6. It’s so funny how they are comparing KKK to BLM. I don’t remember BLM activists burning white people’s houses just because a white person lived there, or killing someone based on the color of their skin. KKK on the other hand…

Liked by 1 person

7. As a troll I love to say fucked up shit all the time just to annoy SJW’s and the weak but I would never defend the Klan.

8. When BLM or Black Panthers has the same history of killing and violence that the kkk does, only then will this faux outrage be anything but hilarious. LoL
    Nazis are killed in FPS games a lot, so where is the outrage over that… unless it’s just because it’s a black character killing kkk that there’s outrage?
    #SufferRacistDudes

9. I’m planning on buying the game…

…just to be a POC, killing kkk (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

10. When the protagonist of the game is white, is there a limit to how many black ppl he can kill ? Klan needs to be happy it’s just a game. Might be forsight (sp)

11. Lol, i like how they were comparing the black Panthers to the kKK. Black panthers essentially started as neighborhood watch because black folk didn’t want to call a police station that was riddled with clansmen. Not to mention they fed their neighborhoods. Truck loads upon truck loads of food. Provided daycare for their neighborhoods. Like….they didn’t go around lynching white folks. And they welcome all creeds into their cause.
    How can you even compare the two.

• Yeah and the KKK began out as a group to discuss topics after the war between the states. Guess that means they are good people just like the Black Panthers according to your logic.

Liked by 1 person

12. IKillKlansmen // October 2, 2016 at 8:38 AM // Reply

when did it become cool to defend the Klan? you racist babies. Comparing BLM to KKK is stupid. You white losers are just lucky black people want equality and not revenge. Go kill yourselves, racists.

Liked by 1 person

13. Fuck youself // October 2, 2016 at 9:48 AM // Reply

All in all yall are all dumb as fuck cause in the end the government doesnt give a fuck what race you are they are out to kill all you dumb motherfuckers while you act like you know anything about anything and i think all of you deserve to be kill by any race but your own nust for being that stupid

14. bawhahahahahahaha Lets see, the Klan who hate all people other then white straight Catholics who put men about women vs BLM people who not only protest the killing of black people but white people as well and stand with the Native Americans against the Dakota pipe line, hmmmmmm whats the difference, I dont see any………. I cant type this with out laughing at those comments……….

Liked by 1 person

• Kingus Dingus // October 5, 2016 at 3:54 PM // Reply

I agree with you but the KKK also hated Catholics actually, the KKK was for White Anglo Saxon Protestants only. They hated non-racist whites, blacks, immigrants of all stripes, Catholics, Jews, LGBTQ, Native Americans, and Yankees. But overall I agree with your comment.

Liked by 1 person

15. I am going to buy the HELL out of this game!

Also, kudos to the article’s writer for calling the KKK a terrorist group. Since that’s what they are.

16. The KKK is somehow beyond reproach?? There’s games/media where every group hou can name were cannon fodder for the user but somehow the KKK should get a pass? If you think that you’re either racist, dumb as hell, or ignorantly commenting some shit.. go away, read a book.

17. Why do people compare BLM to the KKK, or even the Black Panthers. It has no organization. Anyone can claim to be a part of it. I could go out tomorrow and shoot someone and say it was for BLM and nobody would be able to prove it wasn’t true.

18. On a completely different note: anyone else think that the article not redacting the profile photos kind of undermined the point of redacting the names?

19. the mafia actually went after the klan. its historical to an extent. im sure somebody already said that though

20. I dont understand how BLM can be compared to the KKK
    Or plack panthers im not saying this cause im black but those are both groups that stand and protest to be equal
    And the KKK stand for elimination of the black man…. What panther hung a white boy for his family to see ?

21. Entire story written on the strength of a single thread of facebook comments.

Welcome to 2016.

22. bkbbqb@mail.mizzou.edu // October 3, 2016 at 3:49 PM // Reply

While I have no problem killing Klansman, I think it’s kind of unfair to paint ALL of the people who have a problem w/ that scene in the game, esp. in the screencap, as “just racists.” I think some of them are just so “anti-PC” that they’ve WAAY gone off the deep end and can’t see why killing Klansman might be a good thing, or at least benign and nothing to get upset over. In all fairness, though, can we NOT use the term “racist” *every other day* like it’s going out of style, ffs??

“Racist” this, “racist” that, EVERYONE’S A RACIST (particularly if they’re white)

good lord

The bottom comment, however, is pretty-clearly racist. I mean, how in the world is the KKK, “the good guys”??? o.o

23. kkk canb go fuck off from this place. yea i see ya you fucks

24. Well thanks to this, I’m not going to buy this game.

25. NoOneCaresLOL // November 8, 2016 at 9:04 AM // Reply

(Oh man, you got 10 whole comments to make a “story” out of this. Really that mission is the only thing I’ve been looking forward to, just for being different. The game itself it’s fuckin’ terrible)

6 Trackbacks / Pingbacks

1. Thumbstick Mafia Podcast: Ep 4 – Get Your Black On – THUMBSTICK MAFIA
  2. Will Hotly Anticipated 'Mafia III' Have Black Lives Matter Undercurrents?
  3. Mafia 3: Should a Black Character be able to kill members of the KKK? | Jaystonee
  4. The Debate Around Mafia III’s Depiction Of Racism – Adventures Gate